- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 19,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse, the US DFC, CPPIB and Deutsche Bank.
What will you do in the role?
The primary function of a Collections Administrator is to perform a wide variety of complex Collections duties and to manage short and long term forbearance processes. In this role, the Collections Administrator is responsible for establishing and maintaining inbound and outbound contact with customers as and when required, implementing the appropriate forbearance solutions, and meeting Collections goals. The successful candidate will be required to use initiative and a significant amount of good judgment in solving problems and decision making.
- What are some of the responsibilities of this role?
- Manage short and long term forbearance in the servicing and Collections space
- Manage short and long term forbearance decision-making and processes
- Ability to update and identify process or police improvements
- Manage a number of manual processes
- Manage the early stage delinquent accounts against required Collections targets when needed
Maintain required productivity targets
- Maintain required SLA’s and/or turnaround times on borrower communication/queries/processes
- Maintain a high quality score on assessment
- Manage arrears notifications and discussions through both one-on-one and volume communications processes using multiple channels
- Ensure full understanding of the Prodigy loan product, related processes, policies and regulatory requirements
- Advise and educate borrowers on repayment options and consequences of non-payment
- Use effective communications and negotiation to successfully secure commitments to pay
- Optimise Collections by following up on commitments to pay and respective statuses at the required frequency
- Trace non-communicative borrowers using desktop trace, internal and external resources and liaise with outsourced tracer to locate borrowers
- Ensure that all borrower’s information held on record is up to date and accurate
- Manage communication regarding arrangement processes with borrowers who are unable to pay
- Understand and advise borrowers on the best solutions and processes that would assist them in their current situation
- Hit targets in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer services environment
- Action administrative requirements related to customer account management
- Ensure daily and weekly tasks are completed
- Compliance with relevant regulatory requirements on Collections processes
- Ability to cure delinquent accounts by working with the borrower to bring arrears up to schedule
- Ability to negotiate favourable repayment plans with delinquent borrowers
- Ability to manage daily, weekly and monthly tasks in line with set expectations as well as SLA adherence
Quality of borrower interactions
- Ability to meet productivity and Collections targets
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Have an empathetic yet firm approach to dealing with high net worth individuals
- Proven people management skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries
- Advanced ability to follow procedures and policies to ensure and outcome
Meet deadlines consistently
- Strong attention to detail and administrative discipline
- Proven listening, empathy and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a high pressure environments
- Proven ability to make independent decisions based on procedures and policies
- Ability and willingness to deal directly with specific tasks and enquiries where required
Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems
Established negotiation skills
Proven ability to operate independently
Self-assurance and a confident manner
- Have the ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom
- High motivated individual who is able to juggle multiple processes with different priorities and deadlines
Qualifications and experience
Completed NQF Level 4
- Proven track record of reducing arrears on early - , mid – and late stage delinquent accounts International Collections experience – or at least, an international mindset required
- Experience in managing processes from beginning to execution and resolution
Experience conducting financial assessments
- Experience in dealing with recovery processes under TCF principles
- Experience managing Collections and forbearance in a financial services regulatory environment against recovery targets
- Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Ideally you will have experience with UK based consumer protection law and TCF principles
- Experience in auditing Collections processes against regulatory framework
Start-up experience. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Prodigy Finance so you’ve got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow.