- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
Productboard is looking for a talented Business Development executive to join our growing partner organization. In this role, your goal is to help recruit new partners, manage existing ones and accelerate Productboard’s growth by leveraging these partners.
This role is critical to our upmarket growth. Productboard is on a journey to establish a new category and become the clear market leader. Channel partners and the partner ecosystem are critical components to our upmarket strategy. By increasing the number of partners in our portfolio and expanding the role partners play in our overall go-to-market motions, we believe we can establish a repeatable and important revenue stream.
You will develop a deep understanding of our target audience, motivators, pain points, and personalities and use that to define and execute the consulting partner playbook.
In a brand new role, we are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and data-oriented Business Development leader to manage our consulting partners. We need a Business Development Manager to recruit new partners and then, develop joint GTM plans and drive growth in our mutual businesses. You’ll define the scope and specifics of the partnership, educate both organizations on the value of the partnership and the specifics of the joint offering, and execute external go-to-market activities. This will be a critical role for Productboard’s future growth with strong, executive-level visibility.
This position will report to the Head of Business Development.
- The Role - How You Will Make an Impact
- Develop an overall strategy to leverage channel partners into our GTM motions to increase our win rate, acquire qualified referrals and reduce churn with larger more complex customers.
- Recruit and manage consulting partners across the globe by developing strong relationships with the various firms to understand their strengths, as well as how they would want to execute GTM motions and deploy their service offerings.
- Drive partners to deliver qualified referrals to our sales org, cultivate partners to support our sales efforts to increase win rate and identify areas where partners can reduce risk of churn at existing customers.
- Collaborate with Demand Gen, Sales, Services, Success & Product Marketing to refine processes on how to bring partners into opportunities and develop new processes when required.
- Craft compelling content concepts with Marketing to run campaigns with Partners to generate pipeline and share the emerging narrative on how consulting partners are helping our joint customers successfully build and ship better products.
- Work with established partners to craft new approaches to building pipeline, enhance our platform narrative and drive new sales opportunities.
- Continue to enhance strong relationships with established partners to understand their strategic priorities and identify marketing opportunities that might emerge as part of their go-to-market strategy and initiatives.
- Develop joint GTM plans with partners and the Business Development team that highlight campaigns and track KPI results.
- Develop scorecards to establish goals and communicate progress with both partners and key internal stakeholders.
- You’ll be a great addition to the team if you …
- Have worked in a high growth, fast-paced SaaS company for 3-5 years, especially working with Sales, Growth or Business Development teams
- Have a deep intellectual curiosity and love solving problems.
- Strong communication skills and adept at multiple communication mediums (e.g. verbal, writing and presenting)
- Passion for collaboration with a broad set of cross-functional teammates (aka “a strong team player”) and an ability to drive results from a cross-functional team via influence
- Ability to sell and evangelize a category defining software application
- Well developed sense of humor
- Creative approach to storytelling and defining experiments to cultivate demand in a nascent market
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.