- Date Posted
- Dec. 12, 2021
- Product Management
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Rec Room is looking for an exceptional creative leader as Head of Marketing Creative Services.
In this role, you will operate as the creative and operational leader to a team of marketing artists, graphic designers, motion graphic designers, and producers, managing the full creative strategy for marketing materials. You will concept content and campaigns, lead the pitch, and guide your team through production while providing positive and constructive feedback to seasoned creatives. Your team will create compelling designs for advertisements and store art for Rec Room across major digital channels and cross-platform stores. We are looking for a creative and talented leader who has hands-on experience leading teams that create custom art using game assets and art to tell a visual story, specifically for performance-based marketing and digital store content. You can embrace a concept and make it your own through comprehension of the messaging hierarchy and goals. You take art direction to the next level through a deep understanding of visual communication combined with a curiosity to explore design and cognitive sciences. You find efficient ways to improve the creative & technical processes and speak up when you see areas of opportunity that will help benefit the wider team.
In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and deliver top-quality creative for all aspects of marketing campaigns – Video, Design, Motion Graphics, and any other evolving areas of the digital landscape.
- Lead by example and with positive influence a team of leads and artists that are both full-time and contract.
- Foster and maintain healthy cross-functional relationships with multiple teams to ensure marketing art reflects broad goals of each team and takes into account their needs
- Ideate and write briefs for creative concepts to be shared with cross-functional teams, and see it through to final production and delivery within tight deadlines
- Collaborate with social media team and in-game personalities to produce engaging marketing content
- Create best in class static UA ads for use on Facebook, Instagram, Google, Ad Networks, etc.
- Pioneering best practices in art production efficiency, templates, and communication.
- Ideate and create marketing content.
- Successfully produce concurrent projects with the team in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with production to create visual Identities and brand styles
- Collaborate with outside agencies to ensure delivery of digital marketing material and set a high standard for execution
- Ability to interpret business and analytical insights and adapt them to creative to meet Marketing goals and KPIs.
- Exercise strategic thinking and poise under aggressive timelines, showing confidence in the ability to adapt creative when the scope of a project needs to shift.
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and specific information on what your individual project contributions were.
- 5+ years of experience in the video game industry leading equivalent forms of assets at either internal/external marketing services or creative agencies.
- 3+ years of management experience overseeing multiple levels of creatives.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to take and deliver constructive feedback.
- An interest in performance-driven ad creative, and an ability to spot trends or patterns in content in order to establish best practices for new content generation.
- Able to collaborate on projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong eye for quality and acute attention to detail.
- Passionate about gaming, mobile games, and technology.
- Creative leader with experience leading full video media campaigns with ranging multiple assets types and points of distribution, from digital to broadcast.
- Managed full trailer production including concepting, pitching, resource management and client interaction.
- Expert in editing with Adobe Premiere CC, with intermediate experience and knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, and other relevant editorial software and plugins.
- Experience leading long and short from trailer production including concepting, pitching, resource management and client interaction.
- Strong creative ideation with a solutions-oriented mindset when under pressure.
- Passion for the craft with a willingness to contribute at all stages of production.
- Portfolio demonstrating original, high-quality video and media campaign work.