- Date Posted
- Oct. 1, 2021
- Future Of Work
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
- We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an International Tax Analyst, joining our Finance team.
About the team
Finance is at the core of how Remote fuels its operations. The scale and breadth of finance operations at Remote overcome anything ever seen before at a company of this size and scale.
Joining the finance team you will be able to be part of a multi-skilled team completely driven by excellence. We see ourselves as a high performing team, because we do what we love, and we do it with amazing people for a company which aim to be the Best-in-class of everything an employee expects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting / finance / tax
- Qualification in Accounting or Tax a plus
- Experience required - 3 / 4 years practice or industry, mainly focused in personal income tax and social security (Big 4 background is preferred)
- International tax experience in multiple countries, focusing on personal income tax and social security
- Having familiarity with start-ups / Fin-tech industry is advantageous
- Knowledge of data analytics and tax technologies will be valued
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Writes and speaks fluent English. Additional languages are a bonus for the EMEA region
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Collaboration with various company functions on tax incentive projects, at the personal income tax level
- Drive process improvements e.g. build documentation resources to address recurring and potential business partner/customer questions around personal income taxation
- Tax training for non technical business partners
- Preparation of supporting work papers and tax position papers (mainly personal income tax and social security)
- Support the International Tax Manager & Director during tax audits / tax inquiries
- Supporting/managing tax special projects, as assigned
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: International Tax Manager
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible