- Sao Paulo
- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
About the role
We are looking for an independent, hands-on and result-oriented Finance Manager to sit in our Sao Paulo office with a focus on accounting, financial control and management. You will be part of our global finance team and responsible for establishing an effective accounting function in Brazil. We need someone with vision and ideas who will tackle any problem as well as the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
What you’ll be doing
- Key member of the team responsible for all financial aspects in Brazil
- Management accounting, financial reporting and providing commercial and operational management information to support rapid expansion and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Oversight of the day-to-day running of finance, working with outsourced providers with a view of bringing aspects in-house.
- Understanding and communicating financial performance, risks and financial management to Senior Management.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Assume responsibility in the taxation and regulatory reporting requirements required
- Be the point of contact locally for regulatory & compliance enquiries
- Providing support to external consultants and manage a timely and effective audit.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in finance functions, preferably with experience within a banking or financial services environment.
- Chartered Accountant, trained in a reputable practice
- Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience (IFRS knowledge a plus)
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
- Positive attitude: ‘Can do’ approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects.
- Self motivated individual who can work under their own initiative
- Excellent organization skills: ability to plan and organize work so that it is efficient and effective
- Good punctuality and time management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual equity bonuses
- All the latest tech you need
- Please only submit an application for one posting.
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.