- Date Posted
- Aug. 12, 2021
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure in one of the fastest-growing scaleups in Europe, helping to make Revolut safer for our customers, employees and shareholders, then apply to join our Risk department today.
About the role
We’re looking for an Operational Risk Manager to be a key member of our risk team in Ireland. Reporting into the Lead Operational Risk Manager, this role is responsible for continuously improving our risk management framework and governance structures; monitoring daily risk exposures and supporting MI reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Our aim is to build the best risk function of one of the most successful financial technology firms in the world. We are a small team, so you will not miss anything and your contribution will be very visible.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the first line of defence to identify, assess, document and regularly review risks of all risk types and coach the business to design and implement controls;
- Assist with developing and implementing operational risk policies, risk procedures, key risk indicators and risk appetite statement;
- Take ownership of the risk incident management process ensuring recording of risk events, managing and delivering risk incident reports;
- Monitor operational risk against limits and thresholds, produce respective reports to management and other relevant stakeholders;
- Constantly develop and maintain risk tools and systems;
- Monitor KRI breaches and work with risk owners/group risk team to resolve them within set timeline; and
- Conduct presentations and workshops in risk identification and mitigation
What skills you’ll need
- At least 5 years of work experience in Operational Risk Management or Management Consulting in financial services;
- Good, practical knowledge of IT Risk and Operational Resilience is an advantage;
- Previous examples of practically interpreting and organising complexity;
- You will have a curious nature – never accepting of assumptions and a desire to fully understand how things work