- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
About the team
The branches team lead the roll-out of Revolut’s European branch network which aims to deliver local bank account details to the majority of Revolut’s 14M users by 2022. Not having local bank account details is one of the key factors currently preventing users from making Revolut their primary bank account (most users have GB IBANs). Many employers and merchants reject foreign IBANs thereby making it difficult for users to deposit their salary or pay via direct debit using their Revolut account. Local branches solve this problem.
The project is managed by a team of change delivery and operations managers who work hand-in-hand with product and engineering teams to integrate with local payment schemes, and oversee cross-department implementation. Additionally, they partner with territory CEOs and Regulatory Affairs to navigate FS regulation and regulator relationships.
About the role
You will lead the establishment of 1-2 branches Revolut plans to setup in Europe. This includes but is not limited to working hand-in-hand with product and engineering to integrate with local payment schemes, overseeing cross-department project implementation, and partnering with Regulatory Affairs to navigate FS regulation and regulator relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- Project manage the end-to-end implementation of 1-2 branches
- Oversee the scoping and implementation work required from other departments (FinCrime, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Irish and Lithuanian territory teams)
- Draft and submit passporting branch applications to CBI/ BoL ensuring alignment across and sign-off from all stakeholders
- Partner with the product owner and engineers to obtain scheme integration requirements, translate business into technical requirements, and build a project plan for integration
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of project management for large, complex projects
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder management for complex, large scale projects
- Experience with business writing to diverse audience (regulator, technical roles, non-technical roles, senior executives)
- Experience with process building/ improvements for new and existing processes
- Ability to both dive into the details as well as summarise most important information to senior management
- Ability to deliver excellent results that exceed requirements, plan appropriately to meet multiple objectives, and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Understanding of the value of speed to market and ability to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Positive attitude and team player
- 3-10 years of work experience in relevant field (Consulting, Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Big Tech, Startup)
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Minimum GPA 3.5/4 (US), 60% (UK), 8/10 in any other country
Nice to have
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc. & other data analysis tools
- Experience launching a branch for a challenger or traditional bank
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.