- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is changing the way people invest. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all on one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
We are looking for a Risk Analytics Senior Manager to prioritize and drive our quantitative and qualitative risk programs and champion the use of well-documented models and assumptions to better inform Robinhood’s decision-making process and cultivate a risk-adjusted mentality throughout Robinhood.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Provide a clear and systematic approach for minimizing operational risk at Robinhood across the brokerage, crypto and payment businesses.
- Craft and develop meaningful stress testing scenarios covering market, credit and operational risk concerns.
- Partner closely with the Risk Data and Risk Technology teams to create critical risk data elements resulting from model outputs.
- Organize and prepare management information relating to model testing reviews completed, issues identified, outstanding corrective action plans, and progress against plan(s) that result from audit or model validation initiatives.
- Lead a team of quantitative risk analysts on prototyping and iterating multi-factor simulation models.
- Prepare and review model white papers and developmental evidence for model validation.
- Master’s Degree in a business or quantitative field (engineering, economics, mathematics, business administration).
- Proven experience driving business and people outcomes using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- 5+ years of experience in leading a world class Risk Analytics team.
- Advanced skills using data analytics tools (Python or R).
- Exposure to middle office brokerage operations, margin, and options.
- Ability to communicate effectively about technical and operational challenges.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency operations, custody security, and cryptocurrency regulations.
- Strong SQL, Looker ML, and python experience and/or coaching ability a plus.
- Broker dealer and clearing operations expertise.
- FRM, CISA, ACAMS or other related certification.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).