- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Internal Audit is looking for an experienced Manager to join our growing team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Execute audits in the areas of Financial Crimes (incl. Fraud and BSA/AML, OFAC compliance) in line with the Internal Audit plan
- Conduct end-to-end audit procedures in the audit lifecycle, incl. audit planning, execution, reporting and remediation validation
- Evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations, including interpreting the significance of audit findings, concluding on findings and making practical recommendations for remediation
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business and cross-functional partners, including Compliance, Operations, and Risk Management
- Proactively interact with business teams to capture information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Advocate for and implement continuous improvement in our internal controls
- Communicate with and educate process owners effectively on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience working in the areas of Financial Crimes at a financial institution
- 3+ years of internal audit experience
- Experience working with regulations in the areas of BSA/AML, Sanctions, and fraud prevention
- Experience evaluating the design, effectiveness and regulatory requirements of processes and controls in the Financial Crimes space within a bank, MSB, broker-dealer, or similar financial institutions
- Strong focus on quality and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and controls, collaborate across level and teams, comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Big 4 consulting experience
- SIE, Series 7, or Series 24 and/ or Series 99 License, CIA, CAMS and/or CFE certifications
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.