- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood’s InfraSec Team is looking for a stellar Senior InfraSec Engineer with a deep background in distributed systems and secure development to help build out and mentor our team. The team comprises individuals who are deeply passionate about security and engineering. You should be too. In this role you’ll have direct responsibility for keeping our customers and our company safe in this time of unprecedented growth.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design infrastructure and drive its implementation to protect Robinhood systems.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Robinhood engineering and business teams.
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
- Drive enterprise focused security improvements to Robinhood products and services.
- Help drive secure by default paradigm into Robinhood’s engineering processes.
- Build security tools and processes using Python or Go for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in security.
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- Experience working in large scale AWS or similar cloud environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
- Previous experience at a high growth company in the FinTech space
- Hands-on experience managing large scale infrastructure
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).