- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Financial Services
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood is looking for an engineer who is passionate about privacy to become a member of the Privacy Engineering Team.
The Privacy Engineering team is a core pillar of Security & Privacy Engineering and works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user privacy by designing architectures, tools, and features that make Robinhood’s data collection transparent, and give users control over their data throughout the data lifecycle.
You will be the technical advocate for privacy decisions, designs, and discussions. You will not only lead the development of industry-vetted privacy solutions but drive innovative ideas to implementation as the company evolves and grows.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Discover and document the ways that data is collected, processed and stored across our products and infrastructure to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Lead and manage development of new privacy features, tools, and scalable solutions
- Embed with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Conduct technical, product, and policy reviews for new products and features and identify privacy concerns and mitigations
- Partner with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Compliance, and Legal
- Advocate for privacy-preserving solutions and identify innovative opportunities to advance our posture
- Communicate and evangelize our privacy tools and solutions both internally and externally
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in software engineering, privacy engineering or security engineering
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Experience in privacy with one or more of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, data inventory, DLP, encryption, anonymization or privacy impact assessments
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.