- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Crypto Operations Manager will manage Robinhood’s day-to-day crypto operations and the crypto operations specialists team. Responsibilities include driving operational process improvements, reducing operational risk, managing venue relationships, people management, and overseeing coin settlement. The Crypto Operations Manager will be part of the Operations organization.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Oversee day-to-day cryptocurrency operations, including USD and coin settlement with our venues
- Identify & manage initiatives to improve operational processes and reduce operational risk
- Monitor operational and risk metrics and escalate potential issues or anomalies
- Support new crypto initiatives from an operational, risk, and compliance perspective
- Partner with our customer experience and content teams to continuously improve crypto related customer communications
- Maintain and evolve operating procedures to complement compliance written supervisory procedures
- Partner with treasury, operations, and security teams to manage liquidity and minimize crypto risk
- Work closely with fraud and compliance teams to execute a robust AML and KYC program related to crypto
- Test controls to ensure customers receive exceptional execution quality with venues
- Coach and manage a team of Crypto Operational Specialists
- Participate in Robinhood Crypto governance committees including a risk committee
- 5+ years operational, risk, or compliance experience, ideally in a financial services or tech company context
- Extensive experience creating, deploying, and automating operational systems and processes
- Ability to work with engineering and data for reporting and tooling
- People management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and mechanics
- Cryptocurrency, foreign exchange, and securities market industry experience
- Regulatory and/or compliance experience (e.g. anti-money-laundering, KYC, state money transmission laws)
- Retail customer experience
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).