- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Aug. 25, 2021
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We’re looking for an Operations and Logistics Lead to join the Corporate Engineering team to support full-cycle logistics functions for all things technology at Robinhood. This role works closely with all internal functions of Corporate Engineering and partners with Robinhood teams on logistics requirements for current and future needs. You will have ownership of the procurement and logistics experience for Robinhoodie hardware and equipment throughout its entire lifecycle and innovate to meet the scaling demands presented by a growing organization in the realms of vendor relationships and process improvements. Some of the challenges include onboarding, offboarding, lifecycle management, inventory management, and cross-functional problem solving with HR and Procurement teams.
An ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and have the ability to think on their feet when pathways to success experience unexpected changes or shifts. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop fault tolerant relationships and processes to ensure equipment arrives safely at its destination and is tracked appropriately. This role will report to the Corporate Engineering team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Be the primary contact and collaborative designer of a complex equipment logistic pipeline
- Owner of internal procurement strategy for Support Engineering
- Collaborative partner with Robinhood’s procurement team on purchasing, contracts, and renewals
- Establish IT pipeline internationally to support continuous growth
- Actively partner with Support Engineering and shipping partners on fulfilling new equipment requests or replacements
- Assist with fiscal budgeting and analysis with Corporate Engineering leadership and Finance
- Assuring capital expenditure reporting adherence and policy evolution
- Work closely with procurement vendors to ensure inventory levels remain at acceptable levels to handle growth and day to day operations
- Navigate high demand situations through the novel use of leveraging multiple vendors
- Determine life cycle of inventory and appropriate standards
- Assess existing inventory, peripherals, and offerings for the company
- Maintain inventory record consistency as required
- Input and design of Corporate Engineering equipment swag
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Strong grasp of logistics and asset management platforms, policies, and procedures
- Understanding of global pipelines, supply chains, and partnerships
- Fiscal and personnel based analysis and projections
- Proven procurement experience in hardware, software, and peripherals
- Experience with managing multiple vendor partners
- Ability to manage inventory levels and anticipate increased demand
- Experience with inventory management solutions and automated systems that update records automatically
- Excellent customer service skills
- Procurement process improvement experience.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Previous experience deploying an inventory management solution.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).