- Westlake, TX
- Lake Mary, FL
- Charlotte, NC
- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
RHF is the introducing brokerage of Robinhood. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, and options —all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as one of the fastest-growing brokerages ever. At Robinhood, the Head of Brokerage Operations is responsible for leading Broker Operations for RHF. The Brokerage Operations teams include New Accounts, Money Movement, Trading, Margin, Market Data, and more. You will also work cross functionally with Compliance, Risk, CX, Finance, Product, Engineering and others while helping support the head of the RHF broker-dealer. You will be managing and scaling a cross functional team that executes on critical daily business functions. The candidate will also work closely with our Clearing Firm—Robinhood Securities. This role will report to the Head of the RHF broker-dealer.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage and maintain supervisory responsibility of day-to-day RHF operations
- Maintain and continue building a culture of operational excellence that is focused on delivering a delightful customer experience while maintaining compliance with regulatory rules
- Continuous process efficiency improvement - help your team identify & manage initiatives to improve operational processes and reduce operational risk
- Champion a culture of compliance by monitoring employee and customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations
- Primary point of contact for regulators and compliance for operational items
- Committee involvement: Participate in RHF governance committees including RHF risk committee, Product approval committee, and Best Ex committee
- Work closely with Risk to ensure effective monitoring and controls are in place for brokerage operational functions
- Ensure desktop and other procedures are always up to date for your teams
- Work closely with our clearing, engineering, and product teams to launch, improve, and scale Robinhood products, tools, and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- FINRA licensed series 7, 63, 24 and/or 9/10
- Strong customer orientation and passion for delivering high quality standards
- Strong ability to analyze existing programs for gaps and improvement opportunities then develop and implement strategies to drive clear business impact
- Strong communication and influencing skills, experience working cross-functional and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to lead People Leaders and their respective teams, while balancing opposing priorities, workloads and deadlines
- Proven success driving results through data-driven methods
- Advanced Degree from an accredited institution
- FINRA licensed series 4 (preferred) or can acquire within 3 months from start date
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).