- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Product Management
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role:
Robinhood Snacks is one of the fastest growing news sources in the finance industry. We aim to reinvent the way finance news is gathered, shared, and consumed for the next generation. The News and Snacks team is hiring a Program Manager to support the News and Snacks team’s day-to-day editorial operations and various initiatives.
The Editorial Program Manager is critical to developing and optimizing editorial workflows and processes, project managing editorial efforts, upkeeping and expanding team tooling and documentation, and supporting ad hoc editorial needs. Your work will involve working closely with the editorial team, as well as cross-functional partners and outside vendors. This role is crucial to supporting editorial execution and efficiency as we optimize processes, scale our podcast and newsletter, build out new video and social products, and develop the news experience in the Robinhood app.
The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They have exceptional organization and project management skills, proactive communication and attention to detail, and are capable of independently managing initiatives and process. This person will propagate a robust editorial practice, improve team organization and efficiency, and support our editorial execution and quality across news experiences.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Developing project plans and leading initiatives from start to end including: requirements capturing, prioritizing, scheduling, coordinating cross-functionally, tracking, and managing progress
- Accelerating team efficiency by developing and honing editorial workflows and processes, tools, and documentation that help the News and Snacks team iterate and build new experiences
- Building and managing tools that support editorial work such as trackers, coverage planners, and review systems
- Translating editorial initiatives into briefs, SOWs, and RFPs for creative production
- Onboarding and managing relationships with external vendors and overseeing output and production
- + years of demonstrated ability as a program manager or project manager, defining and iterating processes and workflows
- Passion for news and finance
- Superb organization time management, proactiveness, communication, and attention to detail
- Comfortable with the real-time, fast-evolving needs of a news team
- Positive, ambitious collaborator
- Experience with project management tools such as Coda, Airtable
- Experience supporting financial news or editorial teams
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).