- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Product Management
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood Snacks is one of the fastest growing news sources in the finance industry. We aim to reinvent the way finance news is gathered, shared, and consumed for the next generation. The News and Snacks team is hiring a Markets News Editor to support a range of new and long-standing news products, including our daily Snacks newsletter.
This Editor will lead coverage monitoring and prioritization, guide writers in research and story development, edit coverage and copy across mediums, and shepherd coverage through appropriate internal reviews. This role is crucial to ensuring best-in-class news offerings as we optimize processes, scale our podcast and newsletter, build out new video and social products, and develop the news experience in the Robinhood app.
The ideal candidate is a strong markets or business news editor with deep experience monitoring news, making real-time coverage decisions, shaping stories from assignment to publishing, and upleveling content to ensure relevance and robustness.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Overseeing real-time news coverage via our newsfeed, as well as news monitoring for other editorial, such as the Snacks newsletter, related social copy, and in-app experiences
- Overseeing coverage selection and development for our daily Snacks newsletter and new products, supporting writers in building stories from assignment through publishing
- Editing our Snacks newsletter for coverage scope and angles, robustness of supporting information, incisiveness, brevity, and resonance with key cultural topics
- Editing and assigning coverage for other news formats as needed
- Ensuring a high quality bar for coverage selection, analysis, digestibility, and voice
- 5+ years of experience as a financial or business news editor
- Excellent editorial judgement
- Passionate about making complex financial topics digestible for a broad audience
- Flexibility and willingness to experiment creatively to improve our editorial
- Collaborative spirit working with cross-functional partners
- Love for finding creative, new ways to explain key markets concepts
- Excited about the intersection of culture and finance
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).