- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our Data teams are the central node to every team within Robinhood. As a Staff Software Engineer in Data, you’ll be leading large technical initiatives collaborating with UX researchers, product managers, infrastructure engineers, and data scientists to solve impactful business problems.
Every decision made at Robinhood is backed by data; our company trajectory is defined by the systems, tools, and analytics powered by our exceptional team. We integrate multifaceted data streams such as constantly evolving market data, user data based on app activity, and brokerage operations data to perfect our processes and workflows.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Owning the building of robust distributed systems to process large scale data streams into useful applications
- Engineering fast, real-time data pipelines to process data from across the financial markets and our internal event streams
- Implementing risk-monitoring systems to improve tracking and mitigation of several risks including money laundering, financial fraud and margin exposure
- Working closely with data scientists and collaborating with back-end, front-end engineers to build products for gathering timely insights about customer behavior, etc
- Deploying machine learning algorithms and augmenting data scientists to make the Robinhood products smarter
- Developing reliable, secure, and high quality data platforms to scale impact
- Mentoring others on the team to drive successful projects across engineering
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems
- Understand the tradeoffs between different data tools and technologies
- You can demonstrate a history of delivering organization-wide impact
- You can demonstrate self-sufficiency
- You are a proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team
- You have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgement on task prioritizations
- You are able to solve sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Relevant experience building large scale data systems
Technologies we use:
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.