- New York
- Menlo Park
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As Robinhood’s Developer Infrastructure organization, we increase the efficiency, velocity, reliability, and scalability of Robinhood Engineering!
We help engineers write code. We speed up getting code out of an engineer’s head and into customers’ hands safely. We drive consistency across platforms and toolchains. We enable product engineers to focus completely on what code to write rather than how to write that code. We find, fix, and prevent issues during the development cycle rather than in production.
We see engineering as a whole and drive systemic improvements to our development process and culture. We sweep up and janitor anything which is generally painful. We are the last line of defense if something is wrong in engineering.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work closely with other Robinhood engineering teams to define and design the Robinhood development experience.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to engineering productivity and experience.
- Design large scale systems within a team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers in the team.
- Lead organization-wide collaboration for the team.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have extensive experience and knowledge on building large scale distributed systems, infrastructure and internal tooling.
- You can demonstrate a history of providing firm-wide impact and self-sufficiency.
- You are a proven tech lead with experience planning and leading large projects with long-term impact on a single system or team.
- You have led projects that involved organization-wide collaboration within the company.
- You have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- You have a history of creating and applying new processes and tooling to increase engineering efficiency and experience.
- You have a passion in mentoring junior engineers and improving the engineering craftsmanship.
- Experience building larger technical teams from scratch.
- Experience with high-growth startups.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with monorepos and modern build systems like Bazel / Blaze, Buck, and Pants.
Technologies we use:
- Compilers and linkers
- CI systems (such as Argo, Buildkite, Jenkins, etc)
- Python and Go with a bit of Typescript, Java, Kotlin, Swift, and Rust
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood’s benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).