- Westlake, TX
- Tempe, AZ
- Lake Mary, FL
- Denver, CO
- Charlotte, NC
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Financial Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As a part of the learning and development (CX) team this role will allow us to have more structure and support for our Service partner learning initiatives. Trainings would consist of new hire onboarding, new product/service launches, routine annual trainings, and job related certifications. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the success of these trainings, through observations, reporting, team syncs, mentoring, and delivering feedback. In addition, this VPLS will take ownership of facilitating training sessions when needed for support, and provide examples of outstanding learning delivery, along with facilitating, scheduling and planning all Train the Trainer sessions for vendor partners.
Individuals may be asked to co- facilitate or step in to assist other L&D members based on work load and bandwidth.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Building facilitation guides, talking points, and activities to support vendor site training leads.
- Liaison for vendor learning needs
- Collaborating with vendor site training leadership and site managers
- Working directly with the Head of Vendor Strategy and Operations to accurately execute learning needs and build reports to align to critical metric measurements
- Filling out observation forms for trainings weekly/daily, that flows directly to the L&D head
- Facilitates learning through a variety of delivery methods (classroom, virtual training, webinars, train the trainer sessions, labs and peer-to-peer coaching)
- Identifies alternate solutions/learning when delivery challenges arise (materials, content, room set-up, virtual tools)
- Responds appropriately to learner needs (clarification, examples, feedback)
- Establishes and maintains expertise in subjects instructed
- Leads classroom environment so it is safe and conducive to learning
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training conducted (class feedback, follow-up, surveys)
- Communicates curriculum or program effectiveness back to leadership and/or project team lead
- Provides technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or work units with limited supervision; aids in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area
- Reviews training material and provides feedback to curriculum owners as needed
- Handles and prioritizes multiple courses
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience in learning effectiveness and trainer readiness preferred
- In depth knowledge of training processes and procedures
- Must be a standout colleague with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Consistent track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Strong eye for working with the business and ability to collaborate with executive management
- Securities industry Licensed with focus to grow
- Proven experience delivering industry learning content
- Digital savviness and a command of CX tools & processes with a track record of measurable development in a customer focused career
- Strong customer orientation and passion for delivering high quality standards
- Master Trainer certified desired
- 3-5 years training experience preferred institutional learning experience in finance (IE Kaplin)
- 3-5 years shown industry experience preferred
- Vendor partnership experience desired
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
For Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for this role is from $65,000 to $76,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience and certifications. Successful candidates for this role are eligible to participate in Robinhood’s equity plan. In addition, Robinhood offers a comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA) fitness and wellness benefits, employee recognition programs, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).