- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
At Roblox we take the long view, but we move fast and iterate. We aim to grow empowered and healthy designers by building tools and systems that remove overhead and allow designers to focus on doing great work. Focus areas for our Design Ops team are: people (growth, communications, culture), programs (pgm, coordination, outsourcing) and tools (design systems, prototyping, research).
As the Head of Design Ops, you will work with design leadership (reporting to VP of Design) and partners to build scalable infrastructures that remove overhead and support a healthy design team and culture across people, programs and tools. You amplify the impact of design throughout the organization by helping designers focus on their work and career growth, facilitating communication and visibility of design strategy, and supporting lightweight and transparent workflows between the design team and the company. You have experience building design operations at scale, and are looking to use that experience to architect and grow a design ops program from the ground up within a unique and vibrant company culture where many small independent teams are designing an ecosystem that supports 200+ million monthly active users and thousands of successful game developers.
- Work with operations, engineering, product management, and other leaders to scope and build programs and tools for program management and collaboration.
- Join the design leadership team as a member who helps coordinate the collaboration and synthesis of design strategy across multiple product areas.
- Improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership, and outward to partners, the executive team, and the company.
- Articulate and amplify the unique opportunities and culture of design at Roblox, and work with recruiting partners to increase our recruiting pipelines/process and attract great design talent.
- Work with design leadership and the People team to update and expand our job ladders and growth tracks to empower and scale design.
- Manage the flow of product design work as it moves from design to development—plugging smoothly into our existing product development process.
- Hire and lead (directly and indirectly) program managers and operations specialists to grow design operations.
- 5+ years of experience in design thinking, product design, user experience, or design strategy.
- Have built and led design operations teams and programs at scale.
- Experience and understanding of product development process between engineering, product management and product design.
- Have developed or improved design processes working with your partners such as legal, finance, marketing, and engineering.
- Familiarity with design systems and design tools such as Figma.
- Strategic foresight and the ability to anticipate problems. You lean into and are always looking for new approaches to simplify and scaling challenges.
- Great communication at every level with the ability to flex between executives and inspiring team members.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar