- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Product Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2020, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As Head of Engineering Operation, you’ll be responsible for building out systems and processes that will scale the engineering organization.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how engineers develop products, identify key pain points, develop insightful strategic recommendations, and drive process improvements.
- Build consensus among engineering teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences. Lead execution against recommendations.
- Solve complex engineering operational problems for the company.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across stakeholders to deliver meaningful results.
- Create operational processes and practices that drive efficiencies for the leader, leadership team, and organization.
- Partner at an executive level to shape and define management operational priorities and execution plans.
- Lead cross-functional projects to improve organizational performance.
- Drive change management projects end to end and own the outcome.
- 5+ years as software engineer, engineering manager, or technical program manager
- 10+ years professional experience in tech company
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other technical majors
- Good understanding of modern tech stack
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives for the engineering organization.
- Ability to present to and communicate with executives.
- Passion to improve
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar