- San Mateo, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 & 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Principal Software Engineer for Data Access on our database platform team, you will have an immediate impact on the core systems powering the experiences of our 150M+ monthly active users. You will have primary responsibility in building the massive system making performant data storage easily available to all engineering teams at Roblox. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing database platform team.
- Experienced: you have 7+ years of experience building distributed systems
- Knowledgeable: you are well versed with modern, distributed database design (Distributed Consensus, Global Distribution)
- Adaptable: you successfully shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: you are keen to learn and grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Develop our core data systems handling in excess of 50M requests per second at busy times
- Build globally distributed, highly reliable systems using Rust and C#
- Be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
- Be a mentor and an inspiration for all engineers within the team
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community