- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Machine Learning, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Our mission – and your opportunity — is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce. In short, to shape Engineering excellence, nurture emerging Engineering talent and build out an inclusive, high-performing interdisciplinary team.
Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
You’ll support and grow multiple teams of software engineers focused on creating world-class products while contributing to evolving engineering practices and impacting positively on the health of your teams and our Engineering culture. You’ll manage the overall strategy, planning, and execution of complex technical projects, and lead your team to meet delivery expectations.
How will I succeed?
- You’ll be familiar with the delivery of software against timelines while running multiple teams at once
- You’ll be able to speak to your ability to create/sustain an upbeat and vibrant engineering culture
- You have a passion for people leadership, particularly performance management and team building
- You’ve been involved in the administrative side of an engineering organisation
- Your stakeholder management skills shine and you’re excited to learn and progress in your career
- The tech stack...
- At SafetyCulture we use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (frontend); Go/node.js (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
- How can you have an impact?
- As an Engineering leader, you’ll have influence over the direction of the team and function, and a strategic impact on the overall business strategy. You’ll impact significantly on evolving engineering practices and culture to build a world-class engineering team.
- Improving others’ ability to deliver great work, suggesting and bringing innovations, and driving initiatives focused on release safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things.
- Experimenting with ways to become more efficient and productive, and bringing these learnings to the senior leadership team.
- We encourage involvement in the community, open-source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies!
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer-term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies.
- Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
- At SafetyCulture, we respect and appreciate what makes each of our team members differ in terms of gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
- We unite to support one another as allies and we take deliberate steps to ensure that our people feel like they belong and can thrive at work each day.
- You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.