- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
- Business Development
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self driving cars, financial services, government and global tech. As Scale’s Head of Strategic Planning you’ll be driving the key cross-functional.
The goal of this role and team is to ensure Ops can operate cross-functionally with Finance (i.e. cost and revenues management), GTM (i.e. project intake), and EPD (i.e. ops talent, product roadmap) by tracking accurately and consistently performances and OKRs over time.
This role will own end-to-end the ops performance tracking and strategy function:
- Long-term strategy (LT planning, resource allocation, OKRs reporting),
- Weekly reporting of key metrics (SLA, project health attainment, consumption, staffing)
- Knowledge program management and staffing coordination
This role will also be critical for overseeing all aspects of our core operations planning function including:
- Monitoring our project and operations health and the related functions
- Tracking our revenues and costs for both current and upcoming projects
- Optimizing the systems and tools for tracking the assignment of our internal resources
- Monitoring and managing our internal tools and systems related to planning and forecasting
- Overseeing training and onboarding for new and existing operations specialists
Ideally you’d have:
- 10+ years of industry experience in an operational role and/or 3+ years in a top tier consulting or technology firm.
- 5+ years of direct managing experience.
- A degree in an analytics heavy major (e.g., Engineering, Physics, Economics or Mathematics) and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience leading and influencing without authority.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with the desire to run through walls to deliver outcomes.
- Polished verbal and written communication combined with the ability to understand internal and external stakeholder requirements and earn their trust.
- Strong intrinsic motivation to exceed goals and a bias for results.
- Analytical, planning, and process building capability.
Finally the role will be a critical for any internal and cross-functional work within and outside Scale operations:
- Work closely with Ops leadership on the planning strategy to ensure successful support of
- Work with the rest of Operations to ensure supply / capacity planning and building are performed in alignment with demand forecasts, and to adopt / roll-out critical efficiency driving automation, processes, and best practices
- Work with Product & Engineering to identify changes to Scale’s systems / tools that reduce the occurrence & impact of bottlenecks affecting delivery scalability, and improve the efficiency & quality of the labeled data generated
- Set the vision for the entire Central Ops organization, hire and mentor leaders to develop plans and goals, drive day-to-day execution, and create a powerful culture with operational excellence as its bedrock
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.