- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Business Development
Seniority Level: Director• Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Biotechnology, Biopharma,
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job functions: Business Development, Sales,
- Location: Remote, flexible
We are looking for a Director of Business Development with 5+ years of experience selling Enterprise SaaS in the life sciences industry to join our highly talented and rapidly growing revenue team.
The individual will have a proven track record of successfully selling SaaS Products to Enterprise and Mid-market accounts in the life sciences industry with long sales cycles and large Annual Contract Values. The candidate will have demonstrated an ability to navigate, sell to, and manage a multi-threaded sales cycle with multiple decision makers in R&D, procurement, finance, legal, and operations in fortune 500 biopharma’s and mid-sized biotechs. The candidate will leverage Science Exchange’s suite of SaaS products to help solution for the customer’s R&D outsourcing goals, deliver compelling demos, measurable business cases in the form of time sand cost savings, and design and deliver powerful solution-driven value propositions.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a well-funded Life Sciences SaaS startup at a unique inflection of growth with a strong product market fit, and with a rapidly growing customer base. You’re always acting with urgency and integrity, and excited about the opportunity to sell Enterprise SaaS into pharma and biotech. You are ambitious, energetic, comfortable thinking on your feet and enjoy working in a high-performance setting. Most importantly, you are customer focused and passionate about the opportunity for Biotech and Biopharma companies to use SaaS products to accelerate breakthrough scientific discoveries.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in- one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
About The Role:
- Owning the end-to-end enterprise and mid-market new logo sales cycle including discovery, solutioning, multi-year contract negotiations and implementation/ account management handoff
- Identifying and growing new sales pipeline within target prospect accounts in Enterprise pharma and mid- market biotech verticals, actively adding new logos to the Science Exchange customer base
- Qualifying and relating prospect’s current state R&D outsourcing processes and business challenges to Science Exchange’s value propositions/solutions
- Working with VP – C level prospect stakeholders across R&D, Procurement, Legal and Finance on articulating the value of using Science Exchange’s SaaS platform to transform R&D speed and efficiency
- Managing and executing competitive Enterprise RFPs, leveraging internal and external resources needed to win
- Leveraging Science Exchange data to build value metrics needed to drive compelling demos and business cases
- Prospecting for new opportunities e.g. networking, targeted lead generation, relationship building, lead follow-up, with an end goal of executing a multi-year agreement with new enterprise and customers;
- Working cross-functionality with internal product leadership and operations teams to monetize on strategic new logos and to communicate prospect’s needs;
- Close collaboration with senior leadership on execution against Science Exchange’s revenue goals and operating plan;
- Representing Science Exchange at conferences and industry networking events;
Specific Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5+ years of Enterprise sales experience working for a SaaS company with a recurring revenue model, selling software into large biopharma, biotech, and/or other life sciences accounts. Experience working for a technology startup is a plus;
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding annual sales quotas
- A basic understanding of biopharma and biotech industry, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market is a plus;
- Experience negotiating 6-7 figure recurring revenue contracts with multiple decision makers at various levels of seniority
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to adjust selling style depending on the prospect’s role and seniority level; able to effectively communicate to executives in a Board room setting;
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to build and deliver compelling solutions driven demos, business cases, and presentations to a technical, as well as operational audience
- Strong desire to work in a high-growth, fast-paced organization with a performance-driven culture;
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities;
- Attention to detail, highly organized in managing a pipeline, and with ability to work simultaneously on multiple sales priorities;
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM and/or other salesforce suite of products
- Willingness to travel to customer sites depending on accounts being managed
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.