- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is the Financial Analyst important to us?
- Shapeways is looking for a Financial Analyst who will immediately play a lead role in our financial forecasting process, capital management, and equity administration.
The Financial Analyst will be heavily involved in the execution of the budgeting and forecasting processes, including ongoing support (e.g., data analytics, other ad hoc requests) for Finance leadership and the senior leadership team. This Financial Analyst will also conduct ongoing trend analysis and monitor key indicators that may influence performance.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and coordinate key financial processes (Budget, Forecast and capital Planning)
- Responsible for analyzing actual financial results
- Maintain accurate financial information and financial models
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date variance analysis for management
- Provide Insightful analytics in support of achieving final objectives.
- Partner closely with a wide variety of teams across the organization
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 2+ years of work experience in FP&A, corporate finance, consulting, investment banking, or related
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related area of study
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to provide outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and other accounting fundamentals
- Ability to prioritize a range of responsibilities and adapt as business problems change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well with others
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas, systems, and tasks
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)