- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join the Shopmonkey team as our growth continues straight to the moon! There will be opportunities to mentor key department leaders, and to lead and scale a team of people while applying a “Humble, Hungry and Smart” philosophy. You will partner with some of the most interesting and inspiring people in the world and will work alongside industry leaders. Your contributions will directly impact the lives of your colleagues and customers, and will help define your career.
As a Director of Engineering at Shopmonkey, you will lead globally distributed teams which are responsible for managing essential “feature” teams. You will apply your engineering leadership skills and knowledge of software development to drive delivering features in scalable and reliable systems. To be successful as a Director of Engineering, you should have leadership and project management skills, have up-to-date knowledge and experience in our technical stack and distributed system and demonstrate a strong hands-on attitude for problem solving.
You have the Opportunity to:
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers
- Be ready to make a decision in tactical technical questions
- Lead cross organizational projects to ensure teams deliver on time and at a high-quality
- Reporting to Head of Engineering, hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Partner with product management and design teams to ensure designs meet requirements for features, reliability, cost, function and regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with teams and team members to help with mentor career growth
We are looking for People who:
- Have a Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ years experience managing teams of 30+ Engineers
- 15+ years overall experience as an engineer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience in back-end development
- Knowledge in relational and noSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Experience with the full lifecycle of building, deploying, and maintaining a large scale and distributed systems based on AWS, K8s, Node.js. Experience with Apache Kafka will be an added benefit.
The US is the second-largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and customers to have a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.