- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos is focused on helping people listen better to live better. We’re looking for a talented product designer to bring craft and tight execution to our experiences on the iOS and Android platforms. You will be part of the Setup and Configuration team, working at the very front of the Sonos product user experience space. You’ll engage daily with cutting edge technologies like Audio Modulation, Flutter, BLE, NFC, in order to craft the ideal hardware and software product setup and configuration experience for our customers.
You’ll use your full range of skills from product design to interaction and visual design, and you’ll do this alongside a growing team of talented product designers, industrial designers, product managers, developers and researchers. You eagerly seek and give help, offer solutions and provide user focused answers. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
What You’ll Do
Work collaboratively with hardware designers, product designers, product managers, and developers to define and build new experiences in our app, along with improving the existing ones.
- Help the team document and keep the experience specs updated and accessible.
- Use Figma to create high-fidelity experience flow specifications, focusing on capturing flow specifics, system states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic.
- Craft in-app experience user flows and patterns aiming to delight our users, and clarify the user journey vision for our development team.
- Collaborate deeply with the development side and craft technically mindful experiences.
- Create prototypes to support user research and inform the development of Sonos experiences.
- Understand, leverage, apply and extend our visual design system to deliver a consistent and rich app experience.
Represent the user in everything we build. Participate in primary and secondary research to understand the context of your work, and use this context as the foundation for our design work.
What You’ll Need
- You have 3+ years of hands-on digital product design experience, shipping apps and software within an agile team environment.
- You have experience with design and technologies for iOS, Android, crafting experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- You’ve worked with and contributed to design systems to create consistent, high quality experiences.
- You have experienced the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UX, UI and visual design.
- You’ve created detailed interactive design specs and prototypes using Sketch, Figma, Invision, Flinto, Principle, Adobe XD, Framer, etc.
- You have experience using Jira, Confluence and the Google suite.
- You’re a communicator of design work, rationalize proposals and communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- You are passionate about technology, own the success or failure of your design and constantly look to improve shipped work.
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Experience working with systems that combine hardware and software in a consumer goods context.
- Understanding and appreciation for code and complex systems.
- Experience working with distributed teams and have an understanding of the sensibilities, autonomy and responsibility that come with it.
- Please include a link to an online portfolio or online work samples and required password in your application to be considered.