- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
We are looking for an experienced Power Electronics Engineer with a proven track record of characterizing and designing high efficiency, low cost power conversion circuits and a solid understanding of power delivering technologies (e.g. power supplies, batteries, wireless charging, NFC, solar, etc.) to join our growing team.
As part of the Sonos Advanced Technology team you will be responsible for researching various power delivering technologies and developing electronic design concepts to enhance consumer experience of Sonos’ next generation devices. Challenges include:
What You’ll Do
- Research market for new power delivery and conversion technologies and identify collaboration opportunities.
- Evaluate power technologies under the scope of Sonos’ products and services.
- Develop holistic power electronics concepts from power delivery through energy storage to power conversion with the focus on efficiency, safety, thermal management, level of integration, reliability and cost.
- Lead and perform schematic, circuit and PCB designs for proof of concept and conduct performance tests under various environmental and usage conditions.
- Develop power module and system level requirements documents, including specifications, performance requirements, form factor dependencies, test and validation plans.
- Create and maintain a trend report on power delivery and conversion technologies.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, MS in Electrical Engineering is a plus
- At least 6+ years of engineering experience related to power electronics
- Schematic/PCB design and electrical debugging experience
- Ability to organize failure analysis, lead technical discussions, and communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Experience in analog and mixed circuit design,, including protection circuits, ADCs, DACs, signal conditioning, thermal management and low power microcontrollers
- Experience with energy harvesting and battery electronics
- Embedded Firmware programming skills
- Experience in creating specifications and requirement documents