- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
This individual contributor role has a wide span of influence, supporting the organization and enhancing Hardware Operations. Reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence, and working closely with cross functional groups, this position is responsible for all training aspects of HW Operations key processes and its respective improvements.
What you’ll do
- Leverage the ToT mode (Training of Trainers) to lead the training program for key processes, systems and tools.
- Promote, train and provide tutorials as needed on project teams and on-boarding plans about the use of key processes, systems and tools.
- Independently develop and implement creative solutions for delivering customized training modules specific to HW OPS. Build all needed training material for key processes and encourage others to be a part of a learning organization.
- Facilitate the use and creation of related process assets (guidelines, instructions, checklists, templates). Connect with other process owners within HW OPS to understand processes and develop other members to do the same.
- Admin, maintain and enhance the key processes through change control based on on-going learning i.e. Sonos Product Development Process, Detailed Design Process (DDP), After Action Review (AAR), and other tools.
- Support Project Managers and Continuous Improvement Lead with training and implementations of its respective projects as needed.
- Implement methods to promote the use of enhanced processes, systems and tools.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering, IT or relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in training and/or process development related areas.
- Understands business process and product development processes
- Experience in training programs for processes related to IT, systems and tools essential for operations.
- English, (Chinese would be a plus).
- Strong passion for excellence and continual improvement; you see opportunities where others see problems. You love to learn.
- Extremely well organized; you see process as enabling rather than hindering
- Self-starter; you are process-driven and know how to motivate yourself to get things done. This includes not being afraid to ask for help.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be required to perform other related duties.