- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
Who are we?
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 25 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re given freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016, Spendesk today already serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US. More than 200 Spendeskers work across our four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco.
- And our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
- Choose positivity - We’re all owners - Go for it boldly and without fear of failure - Be kind, humble & trustworthy - Proactively seek out ways to grow - Always run the extra mile
What you will do
As an Engineering Manager, your main focus is to grow the people in your care into better engineers while delivering the best features for our users. To do this, you’ll mentor your team to deliver high-quality work, make the right trade-off to send the right product to the market at the right time and collaborate with the other squads to ensure a good alignement in the team from a product and a technical perspective.
As Spendesk wants to offer employees an environment where they can grow and thrive, you’ll spend a lot of time mentoring individuals in your team and empowering your most senior reports to help you in that mission. Part of the individual growth is the regular reviews process where you’ll be able to make deep feedback and optimise individual and team performance.
You’ll handle regular 1:1s and performance reviews with the developers, meaning you will follow projects closely and be involved in the daily work with everyone. Keeping a high level of confidence from the team is key to get proper feedbacks and improve the communication.
As a good personal organisation is really important to keep the productivity high, you’ll have a project management responsibility, meaning that even if developers should be able to manage their own tasks and roadmaps, it’s up to you to make sure it’s done correctly.
You’ll also be responsible of resourcing, interviewing and building talent for our squads.
- React and Redux for our front-end
- Babel and Webpack to transpile ES6 code
- Sass for CSS processing
- Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin)
- Node.js for our backend applications
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- MySQL for data storage, Redis for some cache
- Travis CI for continuous integration and AWS for hosting
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in development with respect to state-of-the-art best practices
- Proven experience in designing large scale frontend applications
- A minimum of 2 years experience of management, leadership and mentoring teams
- Proven experience in project management and strategy
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are autonomous, fast-learner and proactive
- You are a HACKER, you are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You thrive in technical challenges, to prototype and creative problem solver in the short timeframes.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not in your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- You are a passionate manager who builds and scales your teams. Building and designing efficient, reliable products are your strengths. and have a strong taste for mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a first successful management experience is a plus.
Why should you apply?
- Key time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive salary package and equity
- Flexible working hours & remote working possible
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers
- Brand new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- Free tea, coffee and snacks in the office
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency
- Thursday socials with the team
- Bi-annual offsite trips