- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 19, 2021
- Open Source
We are the Presto company. Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way - with customers and revenue from the beginning. Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down!
Our opportunity is huge: every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Are you excited to be a founding member of the Sales organization?
- Are you a builder, excited about playing a key role in driving sales activity for Starburst in a new region?
An Account Executive at Starburst is a quota carrying, enterprise software sales position responsible for meeting and exceeding goals through generating and closing new opportunities while increasing awareness of Starburst in the marketplace. We are looking for a motivated, focused and coachable sales professionals with experience across the full spectrum of the software sales cycle – prospecting, defining and articulating value proposition, pilot process management, business case development, negotiation and closing.
- Drive new business opportunities for selling Starburst software and services engagements within assigned territory
- Develop and implement a sales strategy against assigned territory and/or targeted list of customers
- Develop a deep understanding of, and effectively articulate, the Starburst offering and value proposition in the market
- Constantly focused on pipeline generation within the territory to ensure long term success
- Interact with and leverage the Channel and Alliance partner community to find new opportunities and drive existing deals to close
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue objectives for your territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts and report on sales, activities, status and progress on a regular basis (via CRM, webex or in-person)
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel for client visits and presentations
- 5+ years of progressive SaaS software sales experience to companies
- Track record of success in closing business in large complex enterprise accounts
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial and organizational capabilities. Able to thrive in an evolving, entrepreneurial structure and environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work at both a tactical and strategic level
- Must possess a can-do, self-starter mentality in a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Data analytics software
- Business intelligence software
- Database/data warehousing platforms
Location: United Kingdom
Headquartered in Boston MA with an office in Warsaw, Poland and with employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.