- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Business Intelligence
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
- What will you do in the role?
- Our Ratings Team plays an essential role in providing our customers with information that helps them determine the effectiveness of carbon-offsetting projects around the world.
The Ratings Production Team is responsible for analysing the performance of each project against three key areas – additionality, permanence, and co-benefits. After awarding each project with a score, our analysts provide written documentation that supports their decision. This information is used by our customers to understand the risks and rewards associated with each project.
As a result of our recent round of funding, we have ambitious growth plans and need to immediately hire several Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) Ratings Analysts. The NBS Ratings Analysts will report to the Ratings Production Manager.
- Read, interpret, and analyse information from technical documents.
- Take a methodical approach to analysing large volumes of data. Sift through noise to generate insight and identify trends.
- Draw conclusions from the data and assimilate into quantitative assessments of carbon offset projects.
- Generate content that our customers can easily digest and allows them to evaluate carbon offsetting projects.
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
What we need from you
- Previous experience working as an analyst. Creating professional content that is used to help businesses make key decisions. Brownie points for individuals working in a content team on a product at a rating agency or business analytics firm.
- Comfortable modelling and presenting data. Able to undertake in-depth analysis and generate valuable insight.
- Demonstrate an ability to write meaningful content that is concise and easy to read.
- Strong communication skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to present data.
- What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive salary; options; matched pension.