- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Every year millions of people are either filing their taxes in fear or giving up on their tax refund altogether. We’re working on fixing that. Our intuitive app enables anyone, regardless of education or background, to file their taxes with newfound confidence.
Spread across Berlin and Madrid, Team Taxfix is a compassionate group of solution-finders. We speak our minds openly, and with 350+ professionals from 45+ different nationalities, we’re rich in ideas and voices. In four years, we’ve raised over 100 million euros in funding and helped people reclaim more than 900 million euros.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will have full ownership of the Growth analytics area, provide actionable insights to help optimise our channel performance, and play a key role in strategic budget decisions. Collaborating with our Performance Marketing Team, you’ll help deepen our understanding of User Acquisition and develop new ways to quantify and predict our efforts. As we are creative and ambitious in our marketing efforts, you are empowered to build creative and ambitious analytical solutions. With support from our best-in-class Data Team, your work will stretch from diagnostic analysis to advanced concepts like incrementality and cannibalisation.
The Data Analytics Team enables everyone in the organisation to make data-driven decisions and drive business growth. We’re committed to data democratisation, scalability, and actionable insights. With a team of Data Analysts ranging from Growth Analytics to Operations, Finance and Product Analytics, BI and DWH Developers and Machine Learning Engineers, we’re building tools and methodologies for data discoverability, accessibility, and reliability. By using Segment, Firebase, Adjust, Snowflake, Python, Airflow, dbt, Looker, Metabase, Notebooks and many other tools, we’re able to reach our ambitious goals. Our team members possess a unique combination of technical skills, business understanding, and healthy communication. We can rely on each other to deliver our best and are committed to personal development via knowledge sharing, through mentoring and innovation days.
- Understanding and exploring the customer journey and main KPIs
- Understanding and driving our Marketing attribution logic and measuring incremental effects of individual channels
- Evaluating potential gain by adding new features and measuring them
- Building segmentation and providing insights regarding users behaviour
- Enable the Growth department with access to data by providing dashboards and analysis as well as deep insights, recommendations and training
- Drive experiments by defining objectives, methodology, tracking, analysing and provide clear conclusions
- Owning your area of Marketing Analytics including stakeholder management, planning, priotization and execution.
- Dive deep into data and be proactive and curious about it, provide patterns, insights and recommendations that are actionable and have an impact
- Understand data and data sources in the Marketing world and be on top of development in this area, e.g. around data privacy changes due to GDPR or iOS 14.5
- From identifying and solving tracking issues, over ad-hoc analysis to big advanced analytical projects, be diverse, flexible and adaptive in your way of working
- 4+ years of analytical work experience with at least 1 year focusing on the Growth/Marketing domain.
- Very good knowledge of different analytical methods such as: performance measurement, business reporting, forecasting, A/B testing, experimentation and diagnostic analysis
- Good communication and storytelling skills. Able to share complex insights in a clear and simple language
- Proficiency in programming/scripting. Excellent knowledge of SQL and statistical packages like Python. Experience in ML models is a plus
- Utilises data visualization techniques effectively. Very good knowledge of BI solution such as Looker, Metabase, (Tableau, PowerBI, …)
- Collaborative, open and has a flexible mindset with critical thinking
- Proven practice of able to make impact on companies performance
- Worked in B2C organization, product organization with strong focus on on users
- A chance to do meaningful, people-centric work with an international team of passionate professionals.
- Holistic wellbeing with mental health coaching sessions, a discounted membership to Urban Sports Club, and supplemental child care support.
- Employee stock options for all employees—because everyone deserves to benefit from the success they help to create.
- The freedom to work from home or our modern office—plus healthy drinks and snacks when you do come in.
- Full trust to take ownership of your work in a flat hierarchy where feedback is encouraged and expected.
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people.
- Have a four-legged friend in your life? We’re happy to have dogs join us in the office.
At Taxfix, we believe that incredible things happen when you have a wealth of perspectives and experiences. We’re proudly committed to equal employment and development opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability, or place of origin. To help mitigate any potential unconscious biases, we ask that you refrain from including your picture, age, or marital status on your CV. Let your experiences speak for themselves.
Not sure if you meet all the requirements for this role? Please apply anyways. You might bring something special to the team that we hadn’t previously considered.