- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Business Development
The Business of Fashion is looking for a results-oriented Senior Business Development Manager with a proven track record of business to business sales success, to help drive the growth of BoF Careers in North America.
This role will be focused on selling BoF Careers subscriptions along with employer branding partnerships. With over 380 partners around the world, BoF Careers is the leading global marketplace for the best companies, jobs and talent in the fashion industry. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing company as a key driver of its commercial success in North America.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today’s global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You to Do
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing company as a key member of its commercial team. This position will be based in our New York office, and reporting into the Senior Director of Business Development in London, who oversees BoF Careers and BoF Professional B2B sales and customer success globally.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Source and close BoF Talent Solutions (BoF Careers, Employer Branding) subscription sales to leading clients and multinationals across fashion, luxury, and related verticals
- Oversee growth for key US accounts including renewal, identifying opportunities for upselling, and managing ongoing relationships
- Account management of US clients including troubleshooting client issues, with support from customer success team in London
- Identify prospective sales targets and manage sales pipeline
- Act as a brand ambassador for BoF
- Responsible for all relevant administrative tasks related to sales delivered, such as setting up account users, invoicing, sales tracking, etc.
- Working closely with business development counterparts in Europe to learn and share best practice, as well as working with Marketing on campaigns to prospects
Who You Are
- Results and process driven senior business development manager, ideally within online B2B, SaaS, fashion or media companies. Subscription sales experience is advantageous.
- Proven track record of consistently hitting/exceeding revenue targets
- Highly organised and able to work independently and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of and interest in the fashion industry
- Highly professional, and ability to act as an ambassador for BoF
- Willingness to roll up sleeves in an scale-up atmosphere
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You are achieving or exceeding your sales targets
- Sourcing and closing BoF Careers subscription sales leading growth of B2B clients and multinationals across fashion, luxury, and related verticals
- Growing existing accounts, and achieving a high renewal rate for existing partners
- Working well with the existing global sales team, to support existing partners and delivering upon team goals