- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Team
The Finance team comprises 12 people split around 4 pillars: FP&A, Finance Operations, Controlling and Legal. As part of the Controlling Team, you’ll be responsible for Typeform’s accounting, treasury, compliance and tax functions. They are a growing multi-national 3 people team who bring vigor, humour, and empathy to support each other’s success and well-being. Sounds interesting? Read-on, then tell us about you.
About the Role
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for delivering timely, accurate, and compliant financial and tax information, and for implementing and maintaining processes and related controls to safeguard Typeform assets. You’ll interact with Business Development, Finance Operations, Engineering, FP&A, and Legal to optimize processes related to revenue and collections from different channels direct, resellers and partnerships.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own revenue process (Software Order to Cash)
- Track and record revenue streams and related commissions initiated both from within Typeform and through its partner channels
- Prepare deferred revenue analyses, reconciliations, and journal entries
- Collaborate with Sales to optimize customer collections process including AR recoverability
- Automate processes as well as implement and monitor controls
- Resolve sales queries with the sales team
- Support the submission of international sales taxes returns
- Assist with annual financial audit by preparing supporting documentation
- Monthly Refund Analysis
- Create and validate sales commissions
- Monitor and verify the analysis of research and development tax incentives
- Collaborate with counterparts within Typeform to proactively engage in its growth and evolution
Here’s what we are after:
- 7-9 years of progressive Accounting experience Tech international environments (preferably SaaS)
- Strong accounting and analytical skills, ability to problem solve, advanced spreadsheet capabilities
- Strong business orientation combined with unquestionable integrity, ethics and financial skills
- Sales Reconciliation experience
- Technical and Practical knowledge of revenue recognition standards.
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Advanced written and spoken English
- BS in Accounting or strong knowledge of accounting
- An ability to handle pressure and ambiguity without compromising quality of work
- Experience building cross-functional relationships with key external and internal stakeholders as well as with business leaders
- Ability to design and implement countermeasures when faced with real/potential blockers
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- You’re based in Spain or willing to relocate there
It’d be amazing if you also have:
- Possess ERP experience in NetSuite
- You’re a qualified Accountant or Big 4 experience
- You have subscription revenue knowledge
- Deep understanding of IFRS15
- Experience working with SQL
- Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.