- Pryor, OK
- Toronto, CA
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We are looking for a Senior Back End or Full Stack Engineer and Architect. Backyard is building a whole new way to feel together, apart. A product that allows friends and family to connect, to find cherished moments regardless of distance, all while sharing in a wide variety of playful experiences, together.
As a Senior Back End (or Full Stack) Engineer, you will help design and implement services and features, both server-side and client-side, from scratch that will bring people together and facilitate joyful experiences. You’ll work with the design, app/platform, and gameplay teams to help engage the user through high quality video and gaming experiences.
- Take our proven prototype and turn it into a go-to-market ready mass consumer application using modern React tooling, libraries and best practices.
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web applications, and scale with us as we grow.
- Solve difficult technical challenges and implement quality improvements to make an application suited for the end-user’s needs.
- Participate in building and maintaining services and features across web, mobile-web and native mobile applications.
- Build and maintain infrastructure for build, testing and deployment pipelines and CD/CI.
- Evaluate and analyze tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- Additional competencies may include knowledge of various AWS services, Buildkit, LaunchDarkly, Amplitude, and Cypress.
- This role is remote friendly.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment
- Interest in the gaming or social space; you’re personally passionate about bringing people together
- You have a deep entrepreneurial spirit and a “founder’s mindset” that drives your work’s quality and impact
- You have a positive attitude and can roll with the constant change of a growing startup