- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Financial Services
Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old policies. At Vouch, we’re fixing insurance and risk solutions for startups and founders with tailored insurance designed for technology startups. With new and innovative ideas, we are delivering the right insurance and risk solutions for our customers.
Vouch is a new technology-first insurance provider, backed by $100M from Y Combinator, Ribbit Capital, SVB, and Index Ventures. Like Stripe for payments, Gusto for payroll and benefits, Vouch is creating the go-to risk management and insurance platform for founders and the companies they’re building.
As an insurance company, data is at the core of everything we do at Vouch. Data and analysis are critical to improving insurance design, underwriting, and outcomes for our clients. Data also drives our business operations and our financial decisions. As a BizOps Analyst at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build the foundational data structure, tools, and models to help all of our functions become increasingly data-driven. You will be part of the BizOps team and sit cross-functionally working closely with the data team, finance, and product managers that work across all of our functions.
You will work with our Biz Ops + Data teams to build and maintain key data sets and dashboards, and be the go-to person when we’re looking to do deep analysis or answer thorny data-driven business decisions; you’re dogmatic in chasing
- Analyze a wide variety of data - structured and unstructured, observational and experimental - to improve Vouch’s overall data analytics capability
- Chase down solutions end to end; if something looks wrong, you’re the person who will go fix it or identify the escalation path
- Own data reporting for our monthly business review + BOD meetings
- Work across BizOps, Finance, and Data teams to define key metrics, develop dashboards, track metric progress, investigate changes in metrics, and propose next steps
- Influence Product, Business, and Insurance teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Build key data sets to empower stakeholders to perform their own analysis
- Help scale the business by turning one-off analyses (variable cost) into automated processes (fixed cost)
- 2-4 years of experience working as a data analyst, consulting, banking, or equivalent analytical role
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, computer science, finance, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong SQL skills + the ability to ramp more
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences; you can explain your analysis to the CEO or the BDR team, and level set appropriately
- Experience working directly with business teams to define metrics, analyze problems, and propose solutions
Nice to have:
- Insurance or financial services background
- R / Python / Other background
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.