- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Data Science
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri).
As an insurtech startup, data is at the core of everything we do at Vouch. Data and analysis are critical to improving insurance product design, underwriting, customer acquisition and outcomes for our clients. Data also drives our business operations and our product decisions. As the Analytics Manager at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build the foundational tools and models to help all of our functions become increasingly data-driven and to lead a team of analysts towards solving the problems. You will be part of a broader data team consisting of data engineers and product managers that work across all of our functions. You will work with our Insurance team to model risk factors, partner with our Product team to develop insight and recommendations for the customer experience, and team up with our Business Operations + Finance team to build key data sets and dashboards.
- Lead a team of analysts that work across Business, Insurance, Product teams to define key metrics, develop dashboards, track metric progress, investigate changes in metrics, and propose next steps
- Drive the Agile/Scrum processes for the team, ensuring delivery is aligned with stakeholders’ changing needs.
- Work closely with data engineering , product, and leadership to determine key priorities and scoping
- Collaborate with business leaders to manage project intake, roadmap, prioritize, and manage staffing against key initiatives
- Build and grow the team, working closely with recruiting and other data team managers to guide individual contributors in their technical and professional development
- Identify new data sources and analyze a wide variety of data - structured and unstructured, observational and experimental - to improve Vouch’s product, insurance underwriting, and sales & marketing
- Develop models (in conjunction with insurance ops) that can be used to identify key insurance risks, recommend appropriate insurance coverages, and determine when leads and prospects need insurance
- Influence Product, Business, and Insurance teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Build key data sets to empower stakeholders to performs their own analysis
- Help scale the business by turning one-off analyses into automated processes via high-quality code
- Enhance and contribute to the team’s core analysis and modeling systems and libraries
- Partner with engineering, product, and insurance teams on sound statistical practices
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, computer science, or related field OR equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a data scientist or analyst in a technology company, consulting, or investment banking
- 2+ years of people management experience (preferably an analytics or quantitative team)
- Expert SQL skills, strong skill in a statistical modeling language (such as Python or R), and experience with BI tools (Tableau, Mode, Qlikview, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with hiring talent and partnering with Recruiting teams to meet hiring goals
- Experience working directly with business teams to define metrics, analyze problems, and propose solutions
- Strong stakeholder management + prioritization skills
Nice to have:
- Insurance / Insurtech or Fintech knowledge or experience
- Computer Science and/or Data Engineering experience
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.