- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri).
As a member of the success team, you will be responsible for ensuring our customers have a great experience after purchasing coverage with Vouch. The Scale Account Manager is a mid-level, client-facing role managing and retaining a diverse client base. You will be responsible for guiding existing customers through any insurance questions they may have, day-to-day servicing of accounts, renewal business, and supporting client needs when changing coverage. This includes providing service and expertise of US insurance, risk mitigation resources, and market knowledge of global insurance needs.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Establish trusted relationships with our customers
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Manage growing accounts, including selling products and advising on risk solutions
- Ensure clients are comfortable with and able to utilize the tools/services available through Vouch platform
- Drive additional value by identifying follow-up opportunities for Vouch
- Analyze existing insurance packages and evaluate risk
- Preparation and presentation of submissions to insurance companies, coordinating with Brokers and placement specialists as needed
- Coordinate billing based on client/carrier instructions and assist in collections as needed
- Minimum of 5+ years of insurance experience in a client-facing role (e.g., insurance account management, customer success)
- Specializes in services for financial and management liability risks. (e.g., D&O liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Crime, to external threats, like cyberattacks and terrorism.)
- Relationship management: Customer focus, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and conflict management. Demonstrates shared ownership of resolution of conflicts.
- Negotiation skills: Carrier and client negotiation skills. Can secure concessions without damaging relationships.
- Background in managing a portfolio of customers
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- P&C License preferred
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Insurance industry designations preferred but not required (CPCU, ARM, CIC, CRM)
- Global insurance and/or business experience is highly desirable
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.