- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
We’re looking for KYC Agents to join our Verification Team at Wise in our Tampa, Florida office! You’ll join a distributed team of KYC (Know Your Customer) Agents between Tampa, Estonia and Singapore focusing on our customers from all over the world, all working to support the onboarding of new customers to the Wise platform as the front-line of Anti-Money Laundering and fraud prevention!
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
You’ll receive a competitive package including a starting salary of $18.25 per hour + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + best in class benefits! (more info below )
Read more about open roles and Wise here: https://www.wise.jobs
If you’re looking to develop your career in the financial compliance space, while working in a company that’s changing the way that money moves around the world, this might be the role for you!
- Review and verify low-risk documentation to confirm the legitimacy of customers during their onboarding, using external data sources combined with your sound judgement
- Maintain speed, quality, and consistency of work, while utilizing problem solving skills related to the country and documentation involved, to effectively work through the active verification caseload
- Take limited risk-based case decisions within the context of our customer due diligence policy, whether onboarding individuals or businesses
- Communicate effectively with Customer Support Agents when further details or clarifications are required from customers and when need arises, support CS Agents by emailing customers directly
- Learn and understand our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfill them, and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime
- Work closely with Customer Support, Payment Operations, Product and other Verification teams to identify potentially criminal cases and escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review
A bit about you:
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent – any additional languages are always welcome
- Previous experience customer verification, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), or compliance in a financial setting, or college courses in accounting or business, is an advantage
- You’re organized. You’re an excellent multitasker and problem-solver, with expert time-management skills and a sharp attention-to-detail
- You’re reliable and cool under pressure. You always shoulder a fair share of the workload, you take responsibility in challenging situations, and you always keep your composure no matter the circumstances
- You’re flexible. You’re excited by a workload that varies from routine tasks to head-spinning case investigations, and you’re equally amenable to varied work shifts including occasional evenings and weekends
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You’re confident asking questions, speaking up in the team, and being solution oriented, but also equally happy spreading your expertise to other Wisers and teams, and you’re calm and comfortable either giving or receiving feedback
- You’re a consummate team-player. You’re considerate of others, willing to dive into complicated cases, promote growth in your teammates, and provide side-by-side training opportunities to other Wisers.
- You’re entrepreneurial. Punctual and proactive, you’re always looking for improvements while being independent, task-oriented, and determined to get things done
- Most importantly – you understand that having a great working culture is everyone’s responsibility, so you treat everyone with respect, you always give a helping hand, and you let our values guide you
- You’ve got at least a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- You must already be legally authorized to work in the US, we cannot support Visa sponsorship for this role
- This is NOT a remote position, this is a full-time position based in Tampa, Florida
- $18.25 per hour starting salary
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) package
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 25 days of PTO + 10 paid sick days + 10 paid banking holidays + 5 paid compassionate leave days + a paid volunteer day, annually
- 16-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 6-week paid sabbatical after 4 years with us
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- Click HERE for more info on benefits
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact – We’re all about intellectual curiosity, growth, and a solution-oriented mindset, because after all, this isn’t just a job to us!
- Be Yourself – We’re looking for team members who have friendly personalities that are fun to work with! We’re not interested in drama, only good Karma!
- Inspire Teams – You’ll fuel the revolution by working with our compliance and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems, while remaining ever vigilant of risks and regulations – whatever the mission, we get it done!
- Work Globally – Our customers are all over the world and our team members are just as diverse. We’re 2800+ Wisers strong, with over 90 nationalities working in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and several places in-between
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.