- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got over 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend, or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- And, we need a talented Engineering Lead to join our mission.
The team you’ll be working with: Receive – Accounts Expansion
The Accounts Expansion team is based in our London office. They’re part of our Receive Tribe and their mission is to make receiving money internationally instant, transparent, convenient, and eventually free.
For both businesses and individuals, getting paid internationally is expensive, slow, and inconvenient. Opening a local bank account in a different country requires holding a local residential address and businesses need to register a local legal entity. When it comes to payment processing, most platforms charge hefty international processing and FX fees.
We believe that there’s no reason why receiving money internationally should be harder, slower, or more expensive than doing the same thing domestically. And we’re working hard to change it one country at a time. This is where you come in. You’ll help us make Wise account the most international account in the world.
We’re already processing £5bn in cross-border transactions every month, but we’re just getting started. We want to scale our local accounts platform to more countries, improve the accounts’ interoperability with the local ecosystems and even offer our product as a white-labeled API to other banks and platforms. Sounds fun? Join us!
What does it take?
- Being responsible for your team’s overall health and productivity
- Helping your team make data-driven decisions by providing feedback on architecture and approach
- Fostering an environment of autonomy where everyone is encouraged to identify and prioritise customer problems and opportunities
- Rolling your sleeves up and being involved in the entire process. Working closely with the team’s product manager and designer to ensure the team is focusing on the right things
- Having an overview of what’s happening across the organisation and thinking about engineering as a whole
- Working together with other product and regional teams at Wise to achieve goals together
Is that you?
- You’re passionate about building high quality products, working on big challenges and taking full ownership of the customer journey
- You have experience in leading, coaching and mentoring driven individuals
- You’re enabling your team to solve complex problems by breaking them down into small iterative steps of incremental value
- You’ve built and designed scalable and performing systems
- You have experience in designing, deploying and maintaining clean RESTful APIs
- You have experience with microservices architecture, asynchronous message queues and SQL databases.
- You’ve worked with Java, preferably with Spring Boot
What does success look like?
- You’ll have found your place in our mission by understanding how to drive engineering solutions and look to future challenges
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product has on their lives
- You’ll make contributions to the wider engineering goals of the company
- You’ll inspire a team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You’ll help us scale-up and build a world class global banking product that impacts millions of customers
What you get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn and London offices
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- Our Engineering career map
- Our Engineering values
- …or check out our Engineering blog.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.