- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
We are looking for an Anti-Financial Crime (‘AFC’) Operations Manager who will work closely with the Head of AFC Operations and Investigations to enhance and then run Xapo’s AFC Operations function. This position will take a partly strategic role in designing state of the art financial crime prevention systems and controls alongside the Head of AFC Operations and Investigations, as well as designing and implementing procedures and processes around those systems. The position will also be responsible for ensuring that the AFC Operations Analysts and Team Leads are managing caseloads appropriately, both in terms of workload, time to resolve and consistently completing their cases to an acceptably high standard.
Among other things, you will be collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, frequently working with upper management and directly managing an operational team. Day to day you will provide financial crime advice on more complex cases to the operational team whilst also working on key departmental and business initiatives.
This role is ideally suited to an individual who is dynamic and comfortable working fluidly alongside competing and changing deliveries. It would suit an analytical thinker with strong financial crime prevention expertise across a range of different types of financial crime and with a solid understanding of financial crime regulatory requirements. You should be a team player and comfortable working autonomously some of the time. Some of the topics you will be involved in, at a technical level, will be Know Your Customer (‘KYC’), Transaction Monitoring, Customer Risk Assessment, Behavioural Profiling, Suspicious Activity Reporting, Fraud and Indemnities, Complaints and Financial Crime Preventions Systems.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full-time, 100% remote working position. Work from anywhere in the world!
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Investigations to design, execute and implement a new financial crime prevention strategy and associated systems and controls for Xapo;
- Advise AFC Operations team on more advanced or technical aspects of a customer case across a wide range of AFC topics including KYC, transaction monitoring and suspicious activity reporting;
- Plan and Execute the AFC Analyst and Team Lead Rota to maintain a fully 24/7 staffing function;
- Create and implement staff performance and operational performance management information reports;
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team and with key stakeholders in order to effect positive change across Xapo;
- Manage a team of AFC Analysts and Team Leaders to maintain appropriate staff morale, competence and resources to meet the department’s needs;
- Take responsibility for the operation of Quality Assurance within the Operations function;
- Work closely with the AFC Investigations Manager to tackle complex financial crime and to adapt systems and processes to future proof against similar typologies;
- Support the MLRO team in fulfilling their statutory obligations by ensuring cooperation with their requests, by highlighting trends or issues of concern that they would wish to know and by controlling the high-quality production of internal suspicious activity reports to the MLRO team;
- Implement and maintain highly effective, clear and organised record-keeping practices within the AFC Operations team.
- Extensive technical knowledge of financial crime prevention;
- A strong understanding of financial crime prevention systems;
- A background in Fintech financial crime prevention, or compliance. Having both is ideal;
- A team-oriented individual who does whatever it takes to deliver for Xapo;
- An analytical mindset with keen attention to deal;
- A can-do, customer and solutions focussed attitude;
- Strong organisation and communication skills;
- At least basic SQL or other programming language skills for data analysis;
- A proven track record of stepping up, taking responsibility and delivering;
- A good understanding of management reporting, particularly producing reports with actionable insights;
- Experience working across or closely with other teams to develop, execute or implement key projects;
- Experience managing high volumes of workloads with competing priorities;
- ACAMS or ICA certificate (a commitment to study) is desirable;
- A degree in law, business, economics or another relevant topic is desirable;
- A strong and stable internet connection;
- A computing device that meets our minimum technical specifications;
- Alignment with our culture and values;
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.