- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
Here at 1stDibs, we offer some of the most beautiful things in the world, which are creatively marketed by our mighty Merchandising team!
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, data-driven and strategic Global Site Merchandiser to plan, manage, report on, and optimize the 1stDibs’ site experience across multiple global markets to best drive product discoverability, sales and representation of our brand. Reporting to our Merchandising Director, you’ll join our team to develop, lead, and execute strategies for our on-site marketing assets.
You’ll be responsible for translating campaign strategies into site strategies for multiple markets through partnerships with our Marketing and Merchandising teams, and will work closely with Merchandising, Marketing & Product leaders to identify and prioritize site content and site enhancements.
As our ideal candidate, you’re a bright and self-motivated professional who is proactive, organized, data-driven, diligent and focused on business results. You have extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven record of cross-functional collaboration.
What you’ll do
- Own site as a marketing channel
- Plan, schedule, and manage weekly site content across all buyer types and global markets
- Partner with Marketing, Product, and Supply teams to strategize and seamlessly launch localized sites
- Work with our Marketing & Creative teams to plan and execute timely placements for large scale marketing campaigns
- Monitor performance of weekly site placements to make thoughtful decisions on future content
- Test into the best use for each marketing module on site to optimize for user engagement
- Report out on monthly health of marketing assets on site as a whole and as part of larger, cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Identify opportunities to vary site content for user groups and markets based on differences in behavior and interest
- Iterate on current site reporting efforts to build efficiencies
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot and improve site module and internal tool functionality
- Manage and schedule site assets through our internal CMS tools
- Choose exceptional products for featured placements across site
- Support all international merchandising efforts as required
Additional responsibilities as required
What you’ll bring
- 2-3 years of digital site merchandising experience
- Strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Ability to work as part of a team and cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Strong time management, multi-tasking, problem-solving and prioritizing skills
Attention to detail
Not must-haves, but definite pluses
Experience with Design - Furniture, Art, Jewelry and Fashion
Experience in the luxury market
Proficiency in French and German
Experience with using Content Management Systems
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.