- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
At 1stDibs, it’s our mission to enrich lives with extraordinary design. As a marketplace for furniture, art, jewelry, and fashion, we are continuously invested in creating beautiful experiences for our users, and are currently seeking an accomplished Sr. Specialist, Fine Art Sales to join our Sales and Client Partnerships Team.
As 1stDibs’ Sr. Specialist, Fine Art Sales, you will lead Fine Art sales initiatives and will play a critical role in helping build our Art business. In this position, you will be responsible for proactively bringing qualified Fine Art buyers to 1stDibs, as well as sourcing and consigning top quality art pieces for sale. You will develop deep client relationships and represent 1stDibs in the market.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively generate new Fine Art business opportunities among new and existing client relationships
- Build client engagement strategies and advise clients on their buying, selling, and collection management efforts
- Source top caliber Fine Art sales opportunities and support clients through research, condition reporting, and other activities to prepare to sell
- Providing guidance and collaborate on sales with other Specialists across Fine Art, Jewelry, and Furniture
- Support the team in strategic planning for growing the 1stDibs Art business
- Represent 1stDibs at client-facing events (e.g. fairs)
What You Will Bring:
- 7-10 years of experience in client facing art sales in a directly related business (e.g. an auction house)
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment and with a flexible approach to a wide range of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to an exemplary level of client service
- Experience with Salesforce and other sales tools
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.