- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 27, 2021
- Design & UI
We need your ideas and passion for good, clean code! A great position for a front-end enthusiast who wants to code things The Right Way™. Opportunity to work on the development and implementation of extensive new user-facing products and features; new shared packages; and collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
See our Github for some of what we do.
What you’ll do
- Use your thorough understanding of core client-side technologies to architect complex user interactions for desktop and mobile browsers using React and Relay
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes Node.js, Express, TypeScript, GraphQL, webpack, ESNext, Sass (CSS Modules), and Git (with Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client and the server
- Be excited by the opportunities and challenges afforded by responsive and adaptive design
- Take part in decision-making around major architectural choices of the front-end team
- Cover your code with unit and integration tests written with Jest and Mocha
- Work with our top product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay, and Etsy
- A strong desire to become an authority in contemporary front-end development practices (including ES6 and beyond: arrow functions, array methods, destructuring, rest params, es modules, template literals, default arguments, Promise, async/await, fetch, etc)
- A year or more experience developing for high-traffic web sites or a complex web apps
- Experience with Node.js
- Ability to fix and explain performance bottlenecks
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you every single day
- Experience developing consumer-facing websites in a professional production environment a plus
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, and jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger Developer Community is strongly supported and encouraged!
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.