- Date Posted
- Aug. 29, 2021
- Design & UI
1stdibs is the leading online marketplace for one-of-a-kind luxury products sourced from thousands of sellers and galleries from around the world. Our industry leading Product organization strives to build the most compelling and intuitive experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a senior executive to lead our team of dedicated and talented designers. As Vice President of Product Design, you will be responsible for developing an overall strategy for our ever-evolving site, leveraging the current team’s talents while developing them and motivating them to think differently. This expansive and strategic role is highly visible and critical to our company’s growth.
As a member of our senior leadership team, you will create an environment that excites and inspires designers while meeting our business objectives. We are looking for leaders who have built and scaled design organizations, and leaders who are passionate about developing and mentoring other designers. Candidates must be creative problem solvers, strong communicators and thrive in a fast-paced, team-based, and results-focused environment.
What you’ll do
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of talented Product Designers (including UX and UI)
- Own design strategy and create design systems that allow the team to scale with efficiency
- Partner with a wide range of stakeholders including product owners, marketing, UX research, and developers
- Identify process improvements and new tools that will help the team scale and produce well-considered designs
- Contribute to strategic design initiatives, from defining our style guidelines, mobile design strategy to site architecture for consumer seller facing experiences.
- Work with the team to produce our user experience strategy and develop next generation concepts
- Partners and manages relationships with senior leadership, marketing, product management and engineering to communicate results, ensure compliance with desired user experience and approve specifications and requirements for the look, feel and functionality of products
- Interact with design stakeholders and drive decisions with a process of collecting and addressing feedback.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience designing consumer facing web applications, ideally in ecommerce or marketplaces
- 5+ years of managing and building design organizations
- Possess a passion and deep experience leading, managing, and mentoring a team of product designers
- Demonstrated experience strategizing, prioritizing, and aligning a product’s roadmap to both outcomes and organizational mission.
- Portfolio of examples that demonstrate user-centered product-thinking through user flows, interaction design and information architecture
- Proven track record of solving complex design problems with elegant design solutions
- Comfortable in an agile environment of rapid iteration and experimentation, prototyping at various levels of fidelity
- Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills with a deep understanding of the value in storytelling
- Well versed in collaborative design techniques, rapid prototyping, UI design, UI patterns, time-based visual design and information architecture.
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. 1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.