- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is responsible for the 4,000+ sellers on 1stDibs in all categories and geographies, the million+ items on the site, and the teams that support these partners and their listed items. Our sellers are a unique and vital part of the 1stDibs community and the CCO is an advocate for the sellers’ needs, and a voice for the seller on the executive team. This role is also externally facing and includes representing 1stDibs at seller events and openings, industry shows and fairs, conferences, panels, external meetings and in the press. The CCO oversees all aspects of 1stdibs’ subscription and advertising businesses, as well as the teams responsible for rolling out features, functions, and best practices that help drive online sales for our sellers. The following functions report to the CCO: Seller Acquisition and Advertising, Partner Management, Seller Product Marketing and Communications, Art & Design Research, and Supply Operations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about, and has empathy for, the seller experience and must be able to translate seller needs to actionable initiatives on the platform. A passion for, or background in, the design industry will help a candidate appreciate the unique position of 1stDibs in the design world and the significant opportunities available to the company and our seller base. The ideal candidate enjoys visiting art or design galleries, talking with sellers and gallerists, and collecting art or objects. The ideal candidate also has a deep appreciation for the balance of art + science, particularly in the design industry, as well as deep understanding of communications and PR, and an appetite for community management and participation (eg through seminars, webinars, seller visits, interviews with press etc). Experience working with small businesses in both ecommerce and non-ecommerce industries is helpful.
- 1stDibs’ subscription and advertising business and offerings
- Maintaining the high quality of our seller base
- Supply growth, both in terms of numbers and quality
- Category and supply-side strategy, including the launch of new categories and countries
- Representing the seller voice and journey internally at 1stDibs
- Representing the 1stDibs voice to sellers though all comms, education, PR etc
- Developing the business case for seller tools and features in partnership with the Product team
- Seller adoption of new features designed to increase seller sales
- Acting as a 1stDibs spokesperson, especially for seller-facing events, but also at industry events, conferences, panels, in press etc
- 15+ years in a marketplace or an eCommerce business with increasing responsibility and scaling a team as part of remit
- Experience building and implementing a customer success playbook to scale a business
- Experience translating strategy into execution and changing course as data requires it
- Knowledge of process implementations, organizational structures, and using technology to optimize a function
- Background working with small businesses, retailers, and/or brands and translating the fragmented set of stakeholder needs into a research-backed product
- Understands how to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial startup environment with a balance of doing the work and guiding the work
- Can-do, roll-up-the-sleeves, results-oriented approach; accessible and approachable
- Highly collaborative; track record of building strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to travel as needed
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.