- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
We are seeking a hands-on Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Department. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and organized and has the proven ability to adapt well in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and diverse team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting, you will have significant responsibility for managing several key business processes, including key month-end close activities. This position also supervises two members of the accounting team.
What you’ll do
- Oversee cash flow for multiple bank accounts and ensure accounts are reconciled on a daily and monthly basis
- Maintain and ensure completion of multiple balance sheet accounts including fixed assets, prepaids, and accruals, including performing reconciliations on a monthly basis for multiple subsidiaries. Ensure all balances are properly supported and documented.
- Collect, track, and record subscription and advertising revenue and receivables
- Review, analyze and import revenue from an external billing platform for one subsidiary
- Review and record deferred revenue for multiple subsidiaries
- Review accounts payable and expenses and approve payments for multiple subsidiaries
- Manage the monthly intercompany reconciliation process including recording of transfer pricing for the UK subsidiary
- Assist with compliance, including audits and filing various tax returns with external CPA firms
- Continuous monitoring to effectively research, track and resolve accounting or documentation discrepancies
- Assist to develop more efficient and improved processes and policies and to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist the Senior Manager, Accounting with other activities as requested
- Manage and mentor four members of the team
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required; CPA a strong plus
- 4-6 years accounting experience, with at least 2 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using NetSuite, or similar ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world’s leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.