- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 22, 2021
We are seeking a hands-on Head of Internal Audit to join our Finance team. As a newly public company, we are seeking a leader to be the first hire for this new function. You’ll start off with some foundational work already in place through help from outside consultants, and then build the function into a high-performing internal audit team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and organized and has the proven ability to adapt well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and diverse team. Initially reporting to the VP, Controller, with direct access to the Audit Committee and General Counsel, you will have significant responsibility for leading and managing all aspects of the internal audit function.
What you’ll do
- Lead the company’s implementation of a public company SOX compliance program.
- Perform walkthroughs to understand and document business processes, identify key controls, and develop and execute testing plans to assess the design and operating effectiveness of those controls.
- Ensure that a robust set of IT general controls is in place and operating effectively, while working with IT leadership to help assess new IT control risks in a constantly changing environment.
- Identify key financial, business, and regulatory risks and opportunities for enhancements to internal controls, and work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation.
- Engage with the Audit Committee regularly on the company’s risk assessment, control environment, and compliance.
- Identify, research, and implement solutions needed to support public company SOX compliance.
- Engage effectively cross-functionally to support transparency and cooperation from other business functions.
- Develop training programs for staff around risk management, compliance and internal controls.
- Collaborate with other corporate risk and control functions to ensure all relevant compliance activities are performed.
What you’ll bring
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or similar fields
- Active CPA or CIA required
- 8+ years of combined experience in public accounting and in internal audit at a public company
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to motivate others to produce high-quality work within tight timeframes
- Excellent project management and both written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, and a team player
1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers and makers of vintage, antique, and contemporary furniture, home décor, art, fine jewelry, watches and fashion. 1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.